BLOG POSTING GUIDELINES

If you have completed the QUIA workbook and laboratory exercises and have attended "La mesa de Español", and you need more minutes to satisfy your lab requirement (100 minutes a week), you can do any of the following activities for minutes and post your comments in the blog:
  • Película/Programa de TV: Watch movies/TV shows in Spanish and write a short show or movie about them (a brief explanation of the show and your opinion about it) 50-75 words – worth 50 minutes of labtime,
  • Ex. Title format: Película: "El Laberinto del Fauno" (50 lab minutes minutes)
  • Evento: Attend an event related to Hispanic culture and write your comments about it 50-75 words and post pictures in your blog. – worth 100 minutes of lab. Ex.Title format: Evento: "Hispanic fest St. Louis" (100 lab minutes)
  • Otro: If you have any other ideas/suggestions, check with your instructor to see if this will count as lab minutes.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

¡Hola mis amigos!

Well guys September 11th was a beautiful day to be outside. The sky was clear and the temperature was just right. Some friend and I decided to boot, scoot, and boogie on over to Soldier's Memorial Park in St. Louis to take in the Hispanic Festival. I was excited to go because Hispanic cuisine is always so flavorful and delicious.

Not being ashamed of drinking before 3pm I splurged for a margarita served nicely in a fish bowl. As a fan of Patron I was weary of drinking any other brand of tequila but was pleasantly surprised by the tastiness of my margarita.

While guzzling down my ice-cold beverage we perused the various tables around the festival.

Throughout the festival dancers would come to the front of the stage and demonstrate traditional Hispanic dances. I would have to say I enjoyed watching them cut a rug.

As the day went on I began to get hot and grew increasingly uncomfortable with the amount of perspiration I was dealing with so we decided to bounce. In keeping the with Hispanic theme of the day my friends and I dined at a small restaurant west of the city called Las Palmas. I chowed down on chimichangas and one heck of a good taco salad and to keep the party going I helped myself to one strong margarita made with black tequila. What a HOOT of a day it was!


-Mike Boerner

1 comment: