BLOG POSTING GUIDELINES

If you have completed the QUIA workbook and laboratory exercises and have attended "La mesa de Español", and you need more minutes to satisfy your lab requirement (100 minutes a week), you can do any of the following activities for minutes and post your comments in the blog:
  • Película/Programa de TV: Watch movies/TV shows in Spanish and write a short show or movie about them (a brief explanation of the show and your opinion about it) 50-75 words – worth 50 minutes of labtime,
  • Ex. Title format: Película: "El Laberinto del Fauno" (50 lab minutes minutes)
  • Evento: Attend an event related to Hispanic culture and write your comments about it 50-75 words and post pictures in your blog. – worth 100 minutes of lab. Ex.Title format: Evento: "Hispanic fest St. Louis" (100 lab minutes)
  • Otro: If you have any other ideas/suggestions, check with your instructor to see if this will count as lab minutes.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Festival of the Nations

On Saturday August 28 I went to Tower Grove park in St. Louis for The Festival of the Nations. While I was there I got a nice little taste of Peru...


I spent this past summer living in Lima, and made it a point to scout out as many Peruvian things that I could while at the festival....
I split a nice big Peruvian style lunch with my boyfriend. We had some delicious arroz con pollo con ensalada de cebolla, an anticucho de carne, and a papa rellena. La comida de Peru es muy rico!



And now on to my favorite part of the afternoon... INCA KOLA. INCA KOLA became one of my favorite sodas this summer, and I was quite overjoyed to be able to have some here in St. Louis. (I even brought a 6-pack home with me!)




After lunch we hung out at the main stage and were able to see a few dancers perform some traditional Peruvian dance...



While I was there I learned that there is a Peruvian cultural group in the city and was invited to look into it and check out some of the gatherings they host sometime. I really loved Peru while I was there this summer, and I think that I would absolutely love to look into visiting some of the events in the city sometime!




No comments:

Post a Comment