BLOG POSTING GUIDELINES

If you have completed the QUIA workbook and laboratory exercises and have attended "La mesa de Español", and you need more minutes to satisfy your lab requirement (100 minutes a week), you can do any of the following activities for minutes and post your comments in the blog:
  • Película/Programa de TV: Watch movies/TV shows in Spanish and write a short show or movie about them (a brief explanation of the show and your opinion about it) 50-75 words – worth 50 minutes of labtime,
  • Ex. Title format: Película: "El Laberinto del Fauno" (50 lab minutes minutes)
  • Evento: Attend an event related to Hispanic culture and write your comments about it 50-75 words and post pictures in your blog. – worth 100 minutes of lab. Ex.Title format: Evento: "Hispanic fest St. Louis" (100 lab minutes)
  • Otro: If you have any other ideas/suggestions, check with your instructor to see if this will count as lab minutes.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Hispanic Festival



Sorry I have not had my computer for a while so I didn't have a chance to post my blog until now! On Sunday the 13th I attended the Hispanic Festival at Soldiers Memorial Park downtown. I can still remember my parents taking me to this event when I was young and having a ton of fun with all of the toys, face paintings, and food. A few things have changed though, now that I am older I have memories of different things from the festival. I thought the empanadas were amazing and enjoyed a chicken one. I also had an apple empanada which was delicious. My boyfriend had a steak burrito which he said was very good as well. They had many singers and dancers, one which I thought was exceptionally great although I could not understand him. There were tons of people and booths with many types of Hispanic foods, I thought it was a great time! I have many more pictures but for some reason it will not allow me to upload them

No comments:

Post a Comment