BLOG POSTING GUIDELINES

If you have completed the QUIA workbook and laboratory exercises and have attended "La mesa de Español", and you need more minutes to satisfy your lab requirement (100 minutes a week), you can do any of the following activities for minutes and post your comments in the blog:
  • Película/Programa de TV: Watch movies/TV shows in Spanish and write a short show or movie about them (a brief explanation of the show and your opinion about it) 50-75 words – worth 50 minutes of labtime,
  • Ex. Title format: Película: "El Laberinto del Fauno" (50 lab minutes minutes)
  • Evento: Attend an event related to Hispanic culture and write your comments about it 50-75 words and post pictures in your blog. – worth 100 minutes of lab. Ex.Title format: Evento: "Hispanic fest St. Louis" (100 lab minutes)
  • Otro: If you have any other ideas/suggestions, check with your instructor to see if this will count as lab minutes.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

On Saturday eveneing I attended the Festival of Nations in St. Louis. The festival was rather large and had many tents with large country banners on them. I walked down the long sidewalk to look at all of these tents and noticed there was a large variety of countries. There were even a few countries that I have never heard of. Some of the countries performed dances which were from places such as West Africa, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, and many more. Some of the places which had food tents I had never heard of included Nepale, Eritrean, and Senegal. My boyfriend and I stopped at one of the Mexican food booths and bought an Apple Empanada which was very good. We also stopped at one of the Greek booths and bought some Backlava which I also enjoyed. After eating we walked around and looked at some of the store tents. The ones for Mexico weres selling things such as small skirts, lots of Jewlery, and decorations. I thought that the festival was a lot of fun and I wish I had been able to eat more! My favorite part though was definitely the Apple Empanada.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment